1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

colorfabb announced a freaking awesome pla/abs stand in read the link and let's discuss

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by collin, Sep 8, 2014.

1. AxisLab

AxisLab Well-Known Member

So the 'amphora' is the XT line?

2. collin

collin New Member

Nah its a new thing.

3. collin

collin New Member

Its a brand new thing its not just xt did you watch the breif flexibility video

4. AxisLab

It's the XT.
    http://colorfabb.com/xt-copolyester.

No less awesome though. I cant wait to try some. I have a sample sitting here, but ROBO is running full time on another project for now.

5. collin

collin New Member

Well I do not feel very smart. I have a sample of this stuff pilled in my material stash. -_- not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

6. collin

collin New Member

Why was that dumb article posted yesterday then I've had xt samples waiting to be used for months,

2 people like this.
  7. AxisLab

Heh, the article had my full attention before I caught the XT bit too, and was like "wait, that's XT". It does make me take a closer look at the stuff, Time for some testing :).

2 people like this.
  8. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

I think it is XT plus some Kodak polymers that really change the characteristics of regular XT. The Colorfabb site has more info and if you have some to try, I would be really interested to see how it works, and differs...

9. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Hey guys, so first off, that article has some incorrect information and exaggeration. This stuff is not totally impervious to all chemicals. It can be vapor polished with acetone no problem. I wouldn't consider it to be better for small details than PLA, but that might just be my printer settings.

Second, this material is awesome. Collin, if you have some of the white or black XT, you have it. I sent out a few samples here and there, but can't remember who I sent them to.

The clear is definitely the stronger XT that was released without any announcement at the beginning of this year. The colored material, I believe, is the same stuff but colored. However, it does seem to be stronger, so who knows. If I get more info, I will post.

I should be getting this material in early October. Working on an order now. Pricing will be ~$50 for a black or white spool and a little more for all of the other colors. I will definitely get plenty of black and white, but may not order all of the colors and what I do order will be in low qtys. So, if you have your heart set on orange or something, I'd suggest sending me a message to preorder.

2 people like this.
  10. collin

collin New Member

Ya Ive for a hand full of clear xt. This article is pretty misleading all things considered. What I am interested in,is the short video attatched that shows it flexing quite well then snapping back into place. Is that an exaggeration?

11. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

nah, the video is real. It really is an awesome material. The article is just a little too sensationalist for some.

12. collin

collin New Member

so is that clear xt the same stuff?