1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Cura Users - Which version are you using?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ed Ferguson, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

I'm curious which version of Cura Robo 3D users like best.

I downloaded and tested the latest (ver 2.3 Oct 2016), but my son says it seems like a step backwards (new features added, but some taken away) as compared to ver 15.04.03 Nov 2015) which he uses.

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

I'm using 15.04.6 and works well. I started down the path of 2.3, but got sidetracked with other chores. I hope to get back into it soon. I just wish there was a way to have both installed at once. I guess I could do a VM.

Ed Ferguson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

For the Robo I never use it, but for the Delta we use it with Octoprint occasionally. 15.04 ...
    I did that because there is a Pi built into the unit just for running that (Or AstroPrint)

I may reconsider for the Robo's :)
    Last time I had played with it on those it was a much older version.

4. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I'm using Cura on LInux. The latest version gave me install issues so I went with the next older version. I"m at work so I can't see what the version number is.

5. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

After testing Cura ver 2.3 on the Robo R1+ I'm going to use Cura ver 15.04.6.

Version 2.3 will not connect reliably via USB, where the older version connects every time.

Got the settings and start code dialed in and it works very well. Using the latest Marlin (Nov 4, 2016) with MESH leveling, so no Z-offset required.

danzca6 likes this.
  6. Scifideity

Scifideity Member

I had my Robo R1+ setup in 2.1 and got sidetracked and just kept using 15.04.6. I lost everything configured in 2.1 when upgrading to 2.3.1. Attempts to re-add it using the information from http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/cura-2-1-beta.8319/ have been unsuccessful. It just will not recognize the .json file. I did notice that the formatting of the robo json file is not the same as the other .json files in the definitions folder. My coding kung-fu is weak so I don't know if that has any impact since the right delimiters appear to still be used. Anyone find or figure out a proper .json for the R1+?