1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Did my first print. Can you tell me what's wrong?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by algares, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polylac

polylac New Member

I guess randomize the starting point could help a bit.
    for overhanging parts maybe add some support
    For the outher corner I don't know. Maybe this is more an hardware thing (belt not thigt enough, oder z-axis wobbling)

Maybe someone else can help you more

2. algares

algares New Member

Thanks a lot guys. I broke the base while removing it! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's really hard to remove with the blue painters tape and no heated bed. I tried to find Aquanet with no luck. I have to read more about removing the thing.

Tompeel1 I wish I could help you out.

3. tompeel1

tompeel1 New Member

Im not finding removing stuff to much of an issue its hard but thats good so far as i can tell, be interested to hear if anyone else printed the fan holder with support and what other settings used.. prit stick seems to be the only way i get stuff to stick to the painters tape might check out thits Kapton tape soon...

4. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

I printed it. Medium with speed at 40 all the way down. Printed on vinyl, sticks perfect and pops right off. Vinyl makes it stick, perfect bottom and no warp.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I was running into that overlap issue on the stock hotend.

Verify you have the cooling fan enabled. Maybe increase that setting. Should help with some of what I'm seeing.

Are you using the robo 3d repetier?

6. tompeel1

tompeel1 New Member

Hey Mike, yep robo repetier and stock hot end got my e3d ordered so maybe ill get an improvment on that with better cooling thinking of getting a part cooler too on small things seems to help.

I will try turning the stock fam up for the moment thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

7. tonycstech

tonycstech Active Member

Let me give u an advice (or two)
    I dont have years of printing expirience but what i do have is lots of money wasted changing roll after roll to learn why things happen.

#1 forget the worst advice on here about adjusting your Z axis endstop bolt. Nozzle needs to touch your bed when it hits the switch, just make sure its not pressing on it.
    Reason is: slicer is not calculating how much of a gap you have when it prints 1st layer, so if you have a gap then guess what, it will print it higher then you think which will create all sorts of problems such as no sticking etc.
    #2 repetier has issues i have to write a poem about, so i wont. Use CURA.
    I recommend CURA not because its better, but because its simpler and far more predictable. You get what you tell it to, where as repetier wants to be very specific on what you want.

I get my 1st layer perfect. Its filled perfect just like the remaining layers, no difference.
    If you cant get your 1st layer perfect, you cant get your print the way you want.

Here is how your 1st layer should look like (if not better)

DSC06581.JPG DSC06582.JPG
    If it doesnt, dont bother printing the rest. Fix it first.

Good luck.
    DSC06583.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.