1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Dissapointment Rant

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ctoler93, Jan 10, 2015.

1. ctoler93

ctoler93 New Member

I know I'm probably going to get hate mail over this, I am seriously VERY disappointed in the quality of these products. I bought a 3D Printer EXPECTING having to mess with kinks and other problems, I was okay with it because I am a DIY'er. but the amount of work this thing takes is INCREDIBLE, for every hour of printing I'm working on it for 10. This is RIDICULOUS. The printer head assembly, the Z-Axis doesn't have a limit I guess, and it LITERALLY unscrewed itself from the rods at the top, yeah some may blame is my fault, if its shipping with Matter Control IT SHOULD HAVE A BUILT IN LIMIT, where It knows that it will unscrew itself, then while putting it back on, the TERRIBLE solder work on the cables that attach to one of the leveling switches literally fell off like they were BARELY tacked in the first place.

I wish I would've bought a Solidoodle instead.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Hmmm... I can't speak for mattercontrol, but 'other' software will not try to raise the Z axis beyond the machine defined limit.

I guess in a situation where the software has gone 'mad' a hard limit switch might help.

3. ctoler93

ctoler93 New Member

Oh and before I forget to post this, while fixing the whole issue of it coming off, a linear bearing is messed up. Thanks RoBo!

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer