1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Enquiries on Octave Filaments

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by Shawn Godwin, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Shawn Godwin

Shawn Godwin New Member

I am looking for some filament to get her quickly so the first thing I think of is Amazon (I have prime so I have free two day shipping). At the moment I am looking for ABS and I came across Octave. I was really just wondering if anyone has used Octave filaments before, ABS or PLA, and had any input on the quality of the filament, as well as any issues, side-notes, suggestions etc. All replies are appreciated! Have a good one!

Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Octave-1-75mm...=8-1&keywords=octave+1.75mm+grey+ABS+filament

2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

toybuilderlabs.com and protoparadigm.com are my two preferred ABS suppliers.

Rumor is that Robo3D filament is supplied by Octave, so if you're happy with ABS you've received from Robo, you'll find the Octave material to be very similar.

You may want to consider taking the purchase directly to the manufacturer instead of second hand through Amazon. Pretty much all of the filament suppliers out there are small businesses. Some use Amazon to help with exposure, but they're paying a lot for it. Odds are you'll get the same delivery going directly to the manufacturer without taking money from the 'little guy'. I can't speak for octave, but I know the other two really stand behind their product and will work to earn your business.

3. Shawn Godwin

Shawn Godwin New Member

I have actually never used Robo ABS or ABS at all yet (I'm new to 3D printing), but the PLA the printer shipped with works great; and I will definitely look into buying from the source.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I like robo's filament a lot, and it's good to support them in my opinion. I also second toybuilderlabs and protoparadigm.

5. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

ditto + Colorfabb.