1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Extruder MINTEMP triggered

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Emil, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Emil

Emil New Member

Hello,

In the middle of my print the printer stopped. The repetier told me that an error had accured.

I restarted everything and now repetier says there is some MINTEMP triggered on extruder.

Could this be a thermistor?

2. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

Yes. MINTEMP is defined (if I remember since the code isn't in front of me) as 5 Celsius. Either the thermistor is bad OR you have a break in the wire to the thermistor.

Check that the wire hasn't come loose from the RAMPS board and that there isn't a break in the wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

If movement causes an open circuit it's probably a loose connection.

4. Elegancec

Elegancec New Member

My printer points out mintemp for bed and extruder. Looks like a board issue. It popped up as a surprise when I wanted to start a new trial print.
    Is there a voltage feeding line which lost connection? The full graphic smart display shows the 0°.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

What makes you think it's a board issue? Most likely a wire issue.

Check the connector by the extruder and measure the resistance across the thermistor. It should be around 100k at room temp

If you take off the bottom cover as well you can measure the resistance across the connectors that plug into T1 and T2

6. Elegancec

Elegancec New Member

Thanks, I will measure it. It is strange that both sensors are failing in the same moment and never before.

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That is a bit odd, but if they are failing due to a broken or loose connector in the wire loom it is less strange.

8. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

From what I've seen the printer cares most about the Extruder thermistor. So if that one goes out it tends to shut everything down. The reading of 0 on the bed is kinda pointless if the extruder doesn't work.

9. Justin Dembski

Justin Dembski New Member

I am having the same issue, tried replacing both my heater element an thermistor. I checked the resistance of the extruder thermistor at the board (D9) and it is reading around 100k and varies when I heat it up (hold it). I've tried reset on the board and reflashing firmware. Before I got mintemp error I was getting a fall temp error when the preheat reached 120C. Now I only see MIN TEMP. Any help?

10. Justin Dembski

Justin Dembski New Member

Wow dumb blonde moment just realized I traced wires back to board wrong thinking that d9 was the thermistor instead of T0, doh! turns out it was a bad thermistor.

Mike Kelly and mark tomlinson like this.
  11. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

it happens to us all at some point.
    Good luck.