1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Extruder stops extruding filament

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Suberman, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suberman

Suberman Member

I just bought a new Robo 3d printer, and I have not had a successful print yet. Whenever I print, my extruder stops, delivering filament. I have checked it 10-12 times, and it is never clogged. What should I do to fix this? Increase the extrusion multiplier? Increase the speed multiplier?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Is your hot end fan running? Does the extruder itself stop spinning? What temperatures are you printing at?

4. Suberman

Suberman Member

The filament does have notches on it, but I adjust the two spring-loaded screws to fix that. Seasoning and adding an oiler seems a little complicated, seeing as I have not had 1 successful print. Also, I have had the fan on and off, but with the same results. I never change the fan during the print. Should I be changing this? The extruder does not stop spinning, and I am printing at 210C extruder temp and 55C bed temp. I tried a fresh roll of PLA-1.75mm filament. I had a few questions too about the calibration at the start. When the ROBO 3D machine makes its 9 points at the start of the print, should it actually leave filament at all 9 points?

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is not hard, takes 5 minutes (if you just season it). Assuming seasoning helps then you spend the time to print and use an oiler.

Not the parts fan, the fan mounted on the hotend that keeps the cold-section cold. Is the fan mounted on the hotend itself running? The smaller one. If not then your will see the sort of symptoms you are seeing. It is always on, not controlled by the slicer settings.

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Clean off any oozing before it starts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.