1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Fans, Fans, Fans

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Cole Grinnell, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cole Grinnell

Cole Grinnell New Member

Ordered this printer hoping it would be simple enough for me to plug in and go but I'm learning that's not the case. This is my first time venturing into the 3d printing technology and I've learned that it's not all that simple. This is the problem that I'm having and hoping I can get some help. The extruder fan has entirely stopped working so I put in a a request for a replacement part. The problem is that I'm being asked to provide prototypes produced from the printer in 2 days. Where can I find a fan that small? Secondly, I took the bottom off and noticed that is in there to cool everything off isn't even attached and I can't find where this is supposed to reattach. Like I said, I'm not familiar with any of this so any help would be appreciated. I've had the printer for almost a week now and I've no successful prints. I'm beginning to wonder if I wasted my boss' money with this purchase. I sure hope not.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

The extruder fan is a 25mm fan. You can get them off amazon and the like.

Can you take a picture of what you mean by the bottom fan? It should connect to the cover.

3. Cole Grinnell

Cole Grinnell New Member

I keep getting a server error when I try to upload a picture so I will have to do it later.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

use imgur

5. Cole Grinnell

Cole Grinnell New Member

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I believe that should plug in here:

[​IMG]

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

and if you are in a hurry to get it working, you really should do it yourself.

On that subject though (the hurry part) if you are not already experienced with 3D printing you have a bit of a learning hill to climb.
    The technology as a whole is not quite, yet, plug-and-play the way you probably envisioned it. Once you are familiar with the way the printer works and the way the software works (the slicers, the models, etc.) then it can be plug it in and go to work. You can get fantastic results, but you do need some experience with it first.

8. Cole Grinnell

Cole Grinnell New Member

Thanks for the help. I will see if that is where it belongs. Not sure whey it was unplugged.

That's what I'm learning, Mark. I have been fascinated with it since I got it and hopefully I'll get to that point but right now it seems like a very steep climb.

9. BryZad

BryZad New Member

I have a new R1 also and if you take the bottom cover off the bottom plate fan most likely came off the clip on the board like mind did. Not a whole lot of extra cable to the fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.