1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Feed Gear works perfectly with Robo C2 Files only

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by BenJoeM, Jun 15, 2018.

1. BenJoeM

BenJoeM Member

So looking for some help here.

I have now tested 4 filaments and 4 different prints off of the USB drive with. my C2 without issue. But as soon as I try to print a custom item from Thingiverse the feed gear skips and acts like it can't feed the filament. It doesn't have this issue in the warm-up or the initial line it draws, just when the printing starts.

I did some searches on the forum and some recommended seasoning the extruder, so I was able to push the filament in while it starts printing and pulled off a quick print for an oiler for my filament, and I have now been seasoning it, but still not having success starting other prints. I have made sure CURA is creating the file using the right material (Robo PLA) and I am using the Robo Profiles.

Any thoughts, I would think the gear might not be aligned but it works without a hitch when I use one of the files that come with the printer.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

At a guess I'd blame the slicer and try a different one for the same file.
    Something in the settings for it are different than the already sliced examples you have that print OK

Not a Cura fan or user myself so I can't really point you to what to look at.

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

On occasion slicers will get confused on a model that may not be manifold. A lot of people upload non-manifold models to Thingiverse and other repositories. You might be able to get it to slice properly if you rotate it a few degrees, but I would run it through an STL fixer of one kind or another.

Netfabb has an online service, you will need a Windows Live ID or a Google account to access it; https://service.netfabb.com/login.php. Microsoft also hosts a repair service here; https://tools3d.azurewebsites.net/. Basically you upload your STL, then repair it and download the "fixed" file. That "fixed" file you run through your slicer instead of the original.

Netfabb will output a fixed STL file.
    Microsoft will output a fixed 3MF file.
    Cura should load either but I cannot guarantee that since I don't use Cura.

#3 WheresWaldo, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018