1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Filament keeps getting ground up

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mprinz, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Ben Lindstrom

Ben Lindstrom Active Member

There is an Robo3d FAQ that has all the information in one spot. Otherwise the E3Dv6 thread has a lot of good information (plus side conversation). If a noob like myself can do it. It can't be too hard. The worse aspect is the thermistor. =) As it is a delicate part and it is easy to break (I'm on my 3rd due to my incompetence =).

2. mprinz

mprinz Member

When I got the v5 it was pretty simple to setup, only "issue" I had was screws stripping when removing the heatsink and putting the new one in. Otherwise I found this link, , to be pretty helpful.

3. Sasabs

Sasabs New Member

Do I have to remove the whole x carriage to get at the extruder

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

5. mprinz

mprinz Member

Hey guys, so i got my new e3D v6 in and i have all the wiring done. I'm trying to screw it in now but as I'm tightening it I see it start tilting towards the direction of the screws. What should I do to ensure that it screws in straight?

6. Joshua R. Taylor

Can you suggest a post that shows how to clear a jam?

I was printing fine...now it seems to not want to advance filament at all....no other idea?

7. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

not off hand... if you have a nozzle clearing probe, and there isn't a stick of filament stuck in there, heat up the nozzle and probe it.

if that doesn't work, have to take off the nozzle and remove all the offending material. I just buy a handful of nozzles and swap them. Heat the old ones with a torch and clean em out at my leisure. Pain to tighten them back up properly without breaking the thermistor legs, but it can be done

8. Joshua R. Taylor

Where do you order your nozzles from?

Is there a tutorial on this? I'm new to the printer, and a bit hesitant to start taking it a part.

Suggestions?

9. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

just unscrew it... lefty loosey... there are bunches of threads about tightening the nozzle look up "leaking hotend" or similar.
    Nozzles are pretty much universal. threads on all these things are apparently standard.

the hotend consists of 3 parts. the heat sink/throat, heater block and nozzle. they are all threaded together. hold the heater block with pliers and unscrew the nozzle with whatever wrench fits your nozzle.
    I use an adjustable wrench on the heater block.

10. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You can get nozzles from E3D (theirs fit the hexagon) PrintedSolid if you are in the states or ... eBay :)

11. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You will get over that quickly or get nowhere quickly :)

12. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

Its just a matter of the threaded length. There are a couple out there that have a long threaded portion. Almost the entire width of the block.