1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Filament stops feeding

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Miguel Camacho, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Miguel Camacho

Miguel Camacho New Member

Hello, I'm having an issue with my Robo 3D, I start printing and after 2 hours or so, the printer stops extruding. It keeps on moving as normal but it doesn't extrude any more filament and the hobbed bolt starts wearing out the filament making it impossible to keep the filament moving. A few observations are these:

1. I was printing with orange translucid filament and it works perfectly, the issue comes when I try to print with a "solid color" filament. I've discarted any filament trademark issue since I've bought more filament last week from another trademark and I keep having the same issue.

2. The little fan at the extruder works fine, since I've seen another threads where this seems to solve the issue.

3. I'm using PLA

4. If I push the filament with my hand it does extrude.

My first guess is that the part which contains the pressure bearing is too loose sideways and its not keeping the filament at the center of the hobbed bolt.

I'm attaching a few pictures showing the issue with the hobbed bolt and a couple of pictures showing the looseness on the piece I'm guessing has the issue, as well as the bolt that "keeps" it in position.

Hope you can tell me your thoughts about my issue and my first diagnosis.

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Have you seasoned the hotend?
    There is a thread discussing this as well.

Miguel Camacho likes this.
  3. Miguel Camacho

Miguel Camacho New Member

No, I haven't seasoned it. I've seen that thread, I'll try it and let you know my results.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The nozzle is what needs it so just remember if that helps you will likely need to do it again if you swap out the nozzle.

Geof likes this.