1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Finally shipped back C2 for replacement

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by colton81, Apr 25, 2017.

1. colton81

colton81 Active Member

so after months of headaches Robo finally agreed to replace my C2 i shipped it back yesterday. They said they would send me a new one hopefully they do and not try to fix mine so i dont have to wait hopefully i can get one by next week. Maybe since they have pretty much got the R2 done they will focus on customer support more

mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Keep the thread updated. We want to know how it goes.

3. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Will do

4. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

When I did this for one of the R1s I had back in the day, they waited until they received the R1 before shipping out the replacement.

Did they at least do it at their cost or did you have to pay shipping each way like I did?

5. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Yea i knew they were going to wait untill they recieve the one i sent. But yes they paid for the shipping they sent me a shipping label and i just dropped it off at fedex

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  6. colton81

colton81 Active Member

So my printer was delievered to Robo yesterday. Would be nice to get a shipping notification today for my new one being sent back to me. One can hope lol

7. daniel871

8. colton81

colton81 Active Member

No word back yet from Robo but i did get my replacement build plate on friday lol does me no good untill i get my printer though.

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

It is probably en route and they just didn't let you know. My C2 showed up like that -- unexpectedly :)

10. daniel871

Better to ask than expect that, I had to email Robo for a week after delivery was confirmed for the printer I sent back before I finally got my tracking number for the R1 coming back to me (via the slowest possible shipping method, as I didn't get it until a week and a half after getting the tracking number).

11. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Well i emailed Robo yesterday and asked when it will be shipped the replied back today with a tracking number and it shows its out for delivery for today!! Ive noticed they have been responding faster to my emails lately and seems to be they shipped it out the day after they recieved my printer which im suprised but happy about that.

12. colton81

colton81 Active Member

I will find out today if they either sent me a brand new one or just fixed the issues on the one i sent them

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  13. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Received the printer today and they did send me a brand new one. everything is working perfect other then i cant update it every time i click it to update it just freezes and i have to turn it off and back on

Geof likes this.
  14. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Get them on the horn :D

15. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Yea im going to shoot them a email and try to call later today. I printed out several models and they came out good but then i printed a 6 hour model overnight and woke up and it failed the head shifted about 15mm to the right for some reason the print was stuck to the bed still and the print head was still in the last position when it printed it never homed after it was done. It never fails with Robo you would think they would at least update to the latest firmware before they shipped it to me knowing they were already replacing a defective printer.

Geof likes this.
  16. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I would bet they got your machine, grabbed yours off the shelf and shipped it to you. :D

17. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Yea thats probably why i got it so quickly. They seem to have worked on responding quicker but they now need to work on quality control. To me every printer should be tested before shipped out. Not tested then sit on the shelf for months and then ship it out. Maybe thats time consuming but they are waisting more time having to deal with products that arent working and customers that probably womt be buying anything else from them anymore ( like me )

18. daniel871

LOL if you think US QC is anything other than "Does the box from China have any damage to it? Y/N"

19. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Actually my box looked fine, but once opened it had clearly been used as a play-toy by a rather large and angry gorilla.
    Even the Styrofoam liners looked OK.

20. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Lol true. Im not a programmer or an electronic engineer by any means but when i buy regular printers, Tvs, computers, ect ive very rarely ran into any issues out of the box with those so it seems like its cheap electronics or crappy programming.