1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

First impressions... unboxing and such

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by jimidi, Jun 2, 2017.

1. jimidi

jimidi New Member

Just had to post up my first impressions.

I received my Robo R2 shipment yesterday. From the onset, the packaging and overall unboxing experience was reflective of some excellent thought and design. I understand the importance of first impression in business having worked in the Paintball World. Presentation is paramount, and Robo3D gets an A+ for the R2..

If the printer operates and performs as impressively as the packaging, then I'm in for a fantastic overall user experience. While I like to fiddle around, that should all come later after being able to plug it in and run my "hello world" equivalent.

I've spent the last year doing practice projects and machine hacks/improvements for my Shapeoko3 XXL, and I look forward to the additive operations that my new R2 will provide. More posts as I bring the unit online.

Ed Ferguson and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

welcome.
    You hopefully will find that it is a fairly easy machine to just unbox and get printing with, even without a dedicated computer.
    If they could avoid the "damaged in shipping" issues they see then it would be so much better

Geof, jimidi and supercazzola like this.
  3. jimidi

jimidi New Member

Thanks Mark -

I was unable to fire up the printer yesterday as I'm still in shop organization mode. I hope to be able to plug it in today for some first impressions of operations and maybe some printing.

Geof likes this.