1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

First Layer Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Lew, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lew

Lew Member

Mark, the bed is as level as I can get it. However it is high on diagonally opposite corners, so adjustment on the Z threaded rods is not possible. To me, the bed runners seem a little flimsy and prone to deflection.
    Accidently, I ran with an older version of Repetier (and presumably Slic3r) and the improvement is remarkable. There is no stringing and very little oozing I wonder if there isn't a detrimental change in Slic3r in the newer versions?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You might try the bed levelers tesseract made. They allow you to adjust each of the four corners individually. It does help.

3. Billm

Billm Member

i got a dial indicator and set it on the two rods. in x axis movements i am seeing a variance of 0 - .005" waviness from side to side when Y is zero ( home ) when i move the Y axis I get 0 at front and -.010" at the back so the bed is way off. How is everyone getting the bed perfectly level? Is the boro glass not perfectly level?

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The spring loaded mounts at the four corners of the bed (the bed levelers I mentioned). It allows you to raise/lower each corner individually and incrementally (fractions of a MM if needed).

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:125626

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.