1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

First Time Print- Happy with Result (however....)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jack, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack

Jack New Member

I spent a couple of hours trying to set up via MatterControl (slic3R). None of this is intitutive, and one must be systematic in the approach.
    The only issue I had/have that I am aware of is the height of the Z axis and getting it set for the print.
    Mine was staging (Homing) about 3 inches above bed.

I finally got it working, but don't know if it's as should be... Had to manually twist the Z axis' threaded rods to lower the extruder to just barely above the thickness of a sheet of paper. Then start the object print. Right after I hit start, I have to pause it and readjust the head to just above the thickness of a sheet of paper.

Another issue was getting the object to stick to bed. Tried hair spray, but wasn't satisfactory. Then used blue painters tape which worked very well. Had problem getting the object to "release" after printing as it stuck hard to table where it made contact. Headed bed up to 120 degs and release with some effort.
    Will work with it some more to try and fine tune things.

It took about 1 3/4 hours to print the object (a full set of teeth) :).
    But they rendered very well.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That is similar to manual leveling (other than once done, it is done unless you mess with it). So something is a bit adrift still with that for you.
    Glad you worked around it and got some printing done. Someone with an R1 should be able to help talk you through fixing that part.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

We need to figure out why your axis isn't homing. Twisting the rods is a terrible approach and we should fix that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.