1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

First time with T-glase. Stealth Birdhouse.

Discussion in 'Projects' started by AxisLab, Apr 16, 2014.

1. AxisLab

AxisLab Well-Known Member

As the title says this is my first time working with T-glase. It was a struggle as it cools so fast but I managed to print VERY sloooow. This took 12 hours at .35 layer height.
    The only way I could seem to get it to run okay was solid infill so its not clear but wow, it's one heck of a color.
    This is the Stealth Birdhouse off thingiverse, by Gyrobot.

My boy is in 3rd grade at an Eviromental Science Acadamy. They are making birdhouses right now, I was like oh yeah! We can do that too lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. Deadwood

Deadwood Active Member

looks good dude

3. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

What temps do you run at? I haven't had any trouble running it at the same speeds I run PLA at.

4. AxisLab

Really? wow. I tried over and over, and couldn't get anything to run right at my regular speeds. Which aren't too fast to begin with, speed settings are all from 30-50 mm/s

I was trying at the recommended 212, just seemed to be cooling too fast I cranked it and printed the entire thing at 225, seemed to work at least.

I took the advice from here; http://3dfilaprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/t-glase-tips.pdf
    and oversized my nozzle setting to .5mm and layers to .35
    That recommends lowering the speed to 50-60% so that's what I did.

I would love to print either faster or in finer layers if you have any ideas Matt?

5. AxisLab

Let me correct that, I can get it to run well at normal speeds but things just didn't stick well. Think of something like a stretchlet that just gets big holes all in it.
    Slowing waaay down seemed work much better.

6. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

I'm printing t-glase right now @260. It's working great with .45 layers from a .57 nozzle at 35mms. I've been printing everything at much higher indicated temps lately - whether or not they are accurate is something I can't answer, however.

2 people like this.
  7. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Axis, you're still stock, right? I run 200 micron layers at 30-40mm/s at 230 or so with no cooling.

1d1 is really cranking a ton of material through though and is also running a metal hot end, so I think you take 15-20 off of his temps for the all metal hot end and another 5-10 off for the shear volume of material he is pushing through we're reasonably close on the temps we are using.

8. AxisLab

Okay, yeah still on stock (but not for long with a shiny new Hexagon sitting on my desk :cool: )
    I'll give it another shot at normal and bump it another 5 to 230 as well to see if it helps.
    Did you ever up the nozzle settings like they suggested or still keep it at .4?

Thanks again.