1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

General Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SteveDjarrell, Sep 4, 2017.

1. SteveDjarrell

SteveDjarrell Active Member

Good day everyone, I finally broke down and bought an R2. I have read pretty much every post here, watched every unboxing / first print video and I have to say I was impressed. Fast forward a week and My R2 arrives. Everything in working order, Nothing broken or loose. So I sat it up and started adjusting. I leveled the bed a few times, ran the offset process, re-checked and re-leveled. It prints out of the box pretty nicely. and with a little help from S3D it works with my preferred software.. I am sure with some small tweaks I can get the quality up on par with my Home made Aluminum extrusion. My question is around the additional extruder.... I want to go ahead and add my extra hex or swap to 2 e3d v6. I am going to assume the heater cartridge is 24v? Also is this usung PT100 or regular thermisters?

I am sure I will find this info out soon but wanted to drop a line and see if anyone knew of the top of thier heads. Also I saw a thread on this, is there wiring for the new extruder motor already in place or is that an item I need to be ready with?

-Steve

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

SteveDjarrell likes this.
  3. SteveDjarrell

SteveDjarrell Active Member

Thank you Mark I will give that a read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You may even have less missing parts :)
    Since the C2 was not intended for dual-extruders some of the smaller interconnection wires that were missing the C2 extruder assembly may well be in place for the R2. I documented the places those were missing internal to the extruder, you may have an easier job of it.

Geof likes this.