1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Great first print! Just have some issues to address before I start my large project.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jerry Normandin, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Jerry Normandin

Hi,

I was successful with a first print out of the box. It took longer to dial my Wanhao I3 in. I do have some issues before I start printing my RosBot chassis and body. Here''s pictures of a spin top I made. I took the photos before I cleaned up the print. I printed at medium resolution for speed, I wanted to see how successful the first print would be before dialing anything in. The fphoto shows the gap at top of the spin top spindle:
    I printed PLA at 215 C with MatterControl. The bed was at 60 C I know what cause the issue.
    It appears the PLA at the top of the spindle was too hot, hot enough for it to flex while the bed was moving
    resulting in it hitting the extruder. I didn't see any settings in MatterControl to control Cooling.

I know Simplify3d will allow me to control cooling. For this top I would have defined multiple layers and at the top layer I would ramp up the fan to 85%. I don't think I need to make a duct for the fan. I'm pretty sure if I crank the fan up I can get the PLA cool enough not to wobble.

[​IMG]

Here's the good side of the print:
    [​IMG]

This isn't bad for a first print. No dialing in. MatterControl on Linux. My old OctoPi works fine with the Robo. Now it's a matter of adjusting the extruder temprature, print bed temp, and cooling right.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Jerry Normandin likes this.
  3. Jerry Normandin

Thanks.. I adjusted the settings a bit. It helped. The print is better. I'm going to experiment with adjusting the extruder heat, and print speed. I use this top as a test model because my old Wanhao Duplicator I3 had a very hard time printing this top.
    This print look great with some light sanding, primer, and paint.

I think I may be ready to print the RosBot chassis. I'll fire off the print early Saturday morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.