1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Having the hotend heat up after auto bed leveling sequence?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Ozzie Alarcon, Sep 19, 2015.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If it is in the GCode
    and the GCode is sent to the printer
    it will auto-level... every time.

What MC is doing is not a question I can address. MatterHackers forum would be a better solution (in theory).

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I'm talking from experience.

I'd advise not using mattercontrol. If you chose to use it I suggest posting on the matterhackers forum as they would know best what their buggy software does.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. Trevor C Knight

Trevor C Knight New Member

sorry for the super long post but I actually have code that works flawlessly

I'm using MatterControl and after using blue tape and going through a GekoTek sheet (they don't warn you that the sheets melt when your nozzle touches them!!) I found two issues,
    1) my nozzle needed to be leveled and my offset was wayyy too low, I used feeler gauges and a digital caliper to verify the needed changes, (I already got my ROBO 3D R1+ to heat up after autoleveling with the first gekotek sheet) MAKE sure your Z height is not too low or you will do what I did and melt a line into whatever material you put on your bed.

2) Assuming you are using MatterControl you need to go into printer settings and adjust the startup Gcode (I had issues where it would heat up WHILE autoleveling instead of after so I added a dwell function) but anyways it only autolevels once so make sure you clean the nozzle after and also let it cool down before starting any print, the heated bed will heat up then it proceeds to autolevel once and then moves the extruder up away from the bed and proceeds to heat up.. The G4 code is a dwell code that I'm using to separate the M109 code and the code to home the printer, I had issues where it was doing the homing while heating up, and the P300 is basically telling it how long to wait in milliseconds :) It works good luck!!

copy this EXACTLY into the startup gcode on mattercontrol unter the printer tab

M104 S0 ; turn off temperature
    G28 X0 Y0 Z0 ; home all axes
    G29 ; probe the bed
    G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle
    G4 P300 ;
    M109 S[temperature] ; set the extruder temp and wait