1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Head Crashing into bed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Lance Weston, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

I was playing with some new IR boards that I got from Partsbuilt.com. One board crashed the head into the bed.

You have to turn off/on the R2 for it to send what mode the IR board should be. The generic IR board can be run in analog or digital output mode and Robo used this code. The R2 uses analog mode. When powering on the R2 the IR board should blink FOUR times to indicate that it is in analog mode. If it blinks TWICE then it is in digital mode and the R2 will not see it and will crash the head. To my eyes the method of detection of analog vs digital is flaky and I have one board that works on one machine but not another. As far as I can tell all IR boards use this code/design.

I have found the line in the code where the determination is made and can easily modify it so that it will always come up in the right state.but have not figure out how to compile the code using Microchip studio. Does anyone have this skill?

Attached Files: