1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

(heat cartridge and thermister)good replacement parts

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by felipe fomez, Aug 8, 2015.

1. felipe fomez

felipe fomez Member

hello ordered thermister and heat cartridge from amazon, but im seeing that with the parts i ordered it takes along time to heat up and never gets to the desired temp. i think its the thermister because it seems to be too small because it seems loose when you put it in the slot. so not sure if its the thermister that doesnt read the heat correctly. but if you can let me know where i can get the stock parts i would appreciate it.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

More likely the heater core. Those come in two sizes -- 25w and a 40w.
    The 40w will heat faster.

Robo sells the parts for theirs on the main website (but probably not just the heater cartridge).
    Shoot them a tech request and see if they will sell just the parts.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Actually the stock heater core is 25w so it's less likely that it would be a smaller core.

The thermistor most likely is not contacting the metal. Id suggest getting some kapton tape and securing it down

4. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

5. D3DStudios

D3DStudios Member

That's where I've ordered mine from. I was smart enough to with Printed solid, Amazon is awesome at times but some times I like to help out home grown companies instead of Amazon.com