1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Heated Glass Bed for the C2?

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by SoLongSidekick, Mar 18, 2019.

1. SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick Active Member

Yeah I was planning on painting the bottom of the glass black and also using a standard piece of C2 buildtak. I experienced this obnoxious issue when trying to use a sheet of (orange) Lokbuild.

I guess I'll just go the basic route I had originally planned. With the IR sensor there's no real need to level the build surface constantly. I'll just do it once with shims and then epoxy nuts in place to set onto the existing nut on the metal tray.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Given the size of the bed and that you are reconstructing it -- just make it manually leveled and levelable and forget the IR sensors and autoleveling :)

3. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

@mark tomlinson, question: Does the Fine Tune Z Offset wizard use the Octoprint "start" script? or does it have it's own separate script?

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It does not use a startup script it just helps you "dial-in" what the Z offset is for the autoleveling.
    So You still need to engage autoleveling* for that offset to take effect. It merely helps make sure the offset stored in the flash EPROM is accurate

*which is normally done in the startup script

5. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Thank you Sir. I'm thinking about transitioning from the current auto-leveling to no auto-leveling. And was wondering on how to verify the correct Z-Offset

@SoLongSidekick , looking forward to reading about your finished project.