1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hello from California

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Wayne Baker, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Wayne Baker

Wayne Baker New Member

Hello, I
    just recently purchased an R1 from Amazon and have been playing with it for about a week now, this is my first 3d printer, it seems pretty good right now but I am looking forward to making it better with the great mods I have seen on this forum.
    Wayne

Printed Solid and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Welcome.
    It can be a great printer for the price, it just sometimes needs TLC to get it where you want it to be :)

3. Wayne Baker

Wayne Baker New Member

Thanks, the Robo3D seemed like the best bang for the buck so I am willing to work with it.

4. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

You will be very very happy with it once you get it tuned in. Took me about 2 months. Just be patient with it and you will be glad you were.

5. Wayne Baker

Wayne Baker New Member

I noticed I get better prints with the PLA filament I purchased than I do with the Blue PLA sample that came with the printer, I printed a few of the mods and they came out pretty nice. So far I printed a spool holder, oiler and feet for my R1, next I will do a dual fan mount for the extruder.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Yeah the starter filament they give is not nearly as high of quality as what they sell. Don't know why they went with such a bad example but they should be using something different soon.