1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hello SoCal

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by TstarkEngineering, Mar 28, 2016.

1. TstarkEngineering

TstarkEngineering Active Member

Hello from socal. Didnt really see anyone else from socal just a couple from northern cali. So hello!

2. Chris Rollison

Chris Rollison New Member

Tstark, very close to placing my order for a Robo+ so I've signed into this forum to see what the community is like. I too am in socal, San Juan Capistrano, where might you be? Any problems with your plus yet?

3. TstarkEngineering

TstarkEngineering Active Member

you wont be disappointed, I am in Menifee/Murrieta/Temecula area, so over ortega highway.

Geof likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

@Chris Rollison. They are good machines that will need to be worked on and maintained. If you getting into 3D printing its a good printer at a good getting started price. Then when it doesn't fit your needs anymore you can upgrade the parts that dont work for you. Browse through the mods and upgrades section (this would apply after your 6 month warranty)

As for the community I believe I've been here since October and its been fantastic! Couldn't be a more knowledgeable group!

5. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

yep expect to pull your hair out with any 3d Printer.

At least this one has a really good forum with helpful people.

I got rid of my more expensive printers for two robo's.. I like them.

Geof likes this.
  6. 3D Printer Man

Their is no really massive problems with the ROBO R1 Plus for me!

7. Chris Rollison

Thanks Guys! Robo sits behind me now and I'm doing my first prints. So far it's been going well though I think I might have a problem with my y-axis home position. Off to the search bar to see what can be done....

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

What are you using to make that judgement?
    Please do not say the lines on the bed :)
    They are decorative. Not informative.

Geof likes this.
  9. Chris Rollison

Unfortunately I will have to say that but there are reasons for my madness. First, on my machine the lines on the bed align perfectly with the heated area so it seems to me that this would be where I will get the most consistent heat from the elements underneath the glass. Outside this area relies on the heat conducting and thus it's subject to whatever radiant cooling might occur. I am a newbie so this thermal difference could be a total non-issue on prints that extend beyond the heated area, I don't know. Second, it just seems to make things easier for me that the image I see in Matter Control "somewhat" represents where the part prints on the bed. I'm currently using the glue stick method and, based on the MC image glued the bed area that a longer part would print on. However, once the print started, the back portion of the part was well beyond the area I had "glued" and the part didn't stick to the bed in this area causing me to cancel the print.

Did the adjustment to the y-axis discussed in another post and have restarted the print. Everything has definitely shifted forward appropriately, into the "heated area" and, more importantly, onto the area I glued.

10. 3D Printer Man

I have a clogging and addhesion problem amost fish but this happen 3 months after purchase, just bad luck with this week

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

hi1 likes this.
  11. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Happenstance, not planned :)
    Lucky that is all. None of the markings are intended to be meaningful.

12. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

As for the heated bed, the style of heater they use is not going to distribute the heat evenly. So as you have found the center will be about right (whichever pads are closest to the thermistor) but it will quickly drop off from the center.

Good news is that few filament types really need a consistent, hot bed so the impact can be minimized.

The Zero/home position is the only true position indicator the Robo has for each axis. It is wherever (mechanically) the switch triggers to indicate home. The extents of each axis are all math (calculated).