1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Help First layer strange fail

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Rasmus fink, Apr 27, 2014.

?

how much trouble did u have with printing in abs out of the box?

1. A lot?

30.8%
  2. A Little?

69.2%
  1. Rasmus fink

Rasmus fink New Member

Hey so i upgraded my robo r1 Abs with the E3D hotend but after getting installed the extruder works perfectly i lays a very nice perimiter line and all up to the end when it has to make the outline of the structure i drops down and hits the plate dragging all the material with it :( i tried to find a solution on google so far i have come to the conclusion it must be marlin ? i just updated the arduino board last night with the marlin software posted here on the forum.

Please someone help me out im seriously lost on this one

2. Rasmus fink

Rasmus fink New Member

Also i have been trying to print different parts since last night and all have the same result :-/ it drops down and drags everything with it and when it drops it makes this strange extrusion like on the stock hot end when it was block but when i stop and extrude manually it works fine

please tesseract where are you :)

3. Rasmus fink

Rasmus fink New Member

Im running 280 c hot end and 90 c its sticks really nicely but then it drops down and screw it all up every time :( please someone help would really be appreciated :)

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

What software?
    Are you using a raft?

There was a bug in slic3r at one point that would do that if you generated a raft. It would drop down and destroy the raft printing layer 1.

Perhaps I am not really clear on the symptoms...

5. Rasmus fink

Rasmus fink New Member

ok so i inspected the gcode and noticed that when run the z axis code in all layers it is set to 0.350 and it dosent increase i think this might be the problem because it starts pushing of the first layer when it starts the second :( i was not using a raft no. any ideas ? :) and repetier btw with slic3r and brand new marlin flash

6. Rasmus fink

Rasmus fink New Member

Further investiagation into the g code revealed that when it starts second layer it set z axis to -1.450 but further into the g code it goes back up ? this really strange :-(

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Try slicing with Cura or Kisslicer. See if it changes the behaviors.

8. Rasmus fink

Rasmus fink New Member

okay will do thx :)

9. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

What if you edit that part of the gcode (set z axis to -1.450) to a + value. Does it help?