1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Help Installing New Ribbon Cable for Monitor

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by BenJoeM, Feb 12, 2018.

1. BenJoeM

BenJoeM New Member

Robo sent me a new ribbon cable to connect from the Rasberry Pi to the Monitor but I need to remove the back cover it appears to connect a power cable. I am clueless how to get this off and can't find any documentation.

Anyone have a documentation or info on how to do this properly

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ¯\_(⊙︿⊙)_/¯
    Staff Member

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you certain you cant go by "feel" and get the new one in place? (thats how I do it) tearing down the machines that far is...unpleasant. Mark has a C2 guide and I have a brief overview with photos on the R2 http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/replacing-r2-touchscreen.19684/

I think the best way (you'll see with the pictures in both threads) is to unhook it, plug in one side (probably monitor side first) then go to the pi side. Should be fairly quick.

4. BenJoeM

BenJoeM New Member

So the problem is I have no problem connecting it to the Pi nor the Monitor side, it is the red and black cable that goes into the back into a tiny hole. That is where I can't see where it connects. Which is why I believe it has to be torn down.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ¯\_(⊙︿⊙)_/¯
    Staff Member