1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved HELP ME PLEASE

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Arbi, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbi

Arbi Member

Can someone tell me how to fix the following :

it was working just fine, i tried to load my next model and start the print and when the printer calibrates i noticed when moving along X axis it made this big noise and got stuck . I turn off the printer re-set the PC and tried again. This time it worked fine in collaboration but during print it got stuck in the X axis again. It was just working fine and all of a sudden this !!! can someone help me how to fix this ? what is the issue ? When i use the X and y button to move looks like it moves ok but when i try to print it get stuck in X axis randomly any help appreciated. Thanks

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Could be a bad bearing. Is your belt tensioner still on there?

If you move it by hand do you feel any sticking?

3. Arbi

Arbi Member

I am not sure what belt tensioner is , but i have not touched anything. Also when i move by hand sometime its very smooth and sometimes not so smooth

4. Arbi

Arbi Member

i never had this issue, it just appeared couple of hours ago !!! would it go away if i turn it off and try again in couple of hours ?

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

A bad bearing could happen at any moment. Perhaps a piece of dust or dirt wandered into it.

The X belt has a metal spring like device on it. If the belt is loose it might skip, but it might make that noise.

Try taking a break for the night and running it tomorrow. Sewing machine oil is a great way to lubricate the bearings if you have a sewing supply store like Jo-Anns nearby

6. Arbi

Arbi Member

this is a video i just made , can you please look ? how do i fix if its a bearing ? , is this an easy fix ?

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I'm not seeing the belt tensioner on the x belt. Does the belt have decent tension or does it feel loose? The sound sounds more like the belt skipping that a spun hearing.

As I mentioned if the belt is tight sewing machine oil might help a bad bearing.

8. Arbi

Arbi Member

Ok thanks for the help . But one question if it's the belt then why only moving to the right is the issue ? When moving to the left I have no issue . Also since no belt tensioner was installed on the belt , where do I buy one ? When I touch it it feels tight I don't know maybe it needs to be tighter , it's funny that every day I have different issue with this printer , so frustrating

9. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is a learning process. I used an new arrangement of zipties to allow me to retension the belt as needed, but you can cut the existing ziptie on the X belt and tighten the belt (and readd some replacement ones to hold it in place).

10. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.