1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Help me setup Mesh leveling, and changing point of homing

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Rat_Patrol, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Rat_Patrol

Rat_Patrol Member

I have successfully got mesh working, and I got the points info now.

First test print gave great results. I haven't calibrated the extruder yet for the new firmware, but I am getting CONSISTENT results, of which I have never seen with the stock auto-level.

I will be installing a geckotek bed and build plate, so I want to avoid homing at the center of the plate, instead I need to home at the corner. I was reading through a TON of topics today, and I saw where someone (it may have been @WheresWaldo , not sure) modified the new mesh firmware to do just this. Unfortunately, I cannot find that again.

So, since I cannot drive a heated nozzle into the geckotek bed, I am looking for the best alternative. I have no issue even gluing on a small steel plate to home on at the corner, and adjusting z offset to compensate.

Would love a hand with this.
    Thanks in advance!

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

There is a line in Configuration.h that enables something called Z_SAFE_HOMING (line # 966), you just need to comment that line by putting two slashes in the front of it. That will force Z to home at X0, Y0.

#2 WheresWaldo, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  3. Rat_Patrol

Rat_Patrol Member

Thanks, worked great. Is there any special starting script needed to make sure its using the mesh values, or is that function automatic in the firmware now?

4. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

I think that used to be as simple as sending a G29 query on the terminal (via Octopi or whatever you use to control the printer) and reading what the printer says in return about whether Mesh is enabled or not, but I'm not 100% sure how it works in the current firmware.

WheresWaldo likes this.
  5. Rat_Patrol

Rat_Patrol Member

How to I raise the distance the probing starts at? It is shoving itself into the bed for every probe point, and I have to adjust the probe up at least 1mm.

6. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Several edits needed
    Code:
    Z_CLEARANCE_BETWEEN_PROBES  3
    Z_HOMING_HEIGHT 4

If you change those you might also have to change the search range
    Code:
    LCD_PROBE_Z_RANGE 4