1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Help needed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John H, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John H

John H Member

I just received my printer, and I am a very happy person, But the disc that came with the printer is Blank no software, Is this Matter Control? I don't know Im A complete new bee. Where do I get Matter Control? I must say Im very overwhelmed , Where do I get this matter control? Any help would be appreciated , really wish I could just speak to someone now but it looks like I'll have to wait a few days before I even power this bad boy up.. Still in good spirits for now!

2. John H

John H Member

Ok I dled matter control from there web site . I followed the instructions on the glass bed, Install and open up Matter control, Then its says follow instructions in the user guide. Ok the instructions say dl Repieter but this looks like what matter control dose. confused!!!

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Repetier is an alternative to MatterControl

5. John H

John H Member

I got software from Matter control .. Do I need Repetier if I have Matter control?

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

7. John H

John H Member

LOL Thanks Mike , You beat me to it...

8. John H

John H Member

Now Im Understanding it , a little confused at first but you guys are the best Thanks A lot . I appreciate your help!!!!

9. John H

John H Member

Ok it was late last nite and I gave up, After installing Matter Control , I was able to print the calibration box, although I had some issue with the first layer sticking, but all in all it printed ok,
    Now I said a few more sprays of aqua Net and I should be good. I looked for files to print under the library tab but it was empty no files :( . I just wanted to print something so I went over to thingiverse and downloaded a comb .stl ..
    I sprayed the aqua net on the bed, clicked print and the first layer went down awesome it seemed to be working , then a few passes later , the hot end tip is scraping through the print melting the comb, then it starts violently shaking the head, I let it go because perhaps that was intended, but it seemed all wrong the print was getting worse with , but I left it alone,,
    BUT the print ended up stopping mid print because my Hard drive went to sleep, I had to reboot the machine and computer, now when I start a new print the Z axis is messed up, It did seemed to be getting worse as the print was printing, what happened to the auto leveling . the print now dosnt even reach the bed its shoots out the Pla in mid air . when the z axis goes down the screw nuts come out and almost twist's around , and now it doesn't even raise up at all.

Thanks for all your help , what should I do ? I'm lost no idea how to get it to auto level, no idea where to find files to print that im sure that works.

10. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You need to calibrate your Z offset and input the value into the software. There's 2 ways of doing it as outlined here: http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/ind...ur-z-offset-in-mattercontrol.2595/#post-19968

The files were pulled off of thingiverse, so the comb that robo3d provides is the same one that's on thingiverse.

11. donhuevo

donhuevo Active Member

If the z endstop switch isn't fully contacted (the extruder hits the bed before the gantry hits the switch), the screws will continue to turn and the nuts will drop completely out of the gantry. Feel free to insert a smarmy comment about nuts dropping here...

12. John H

John H Member

the Z axis just stays there now the nut goes up and down when I manually hit the +z or -z and the extruder stays at the same height . No luck with that link above , not sure what to do.

13. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

That's a very poor description of whatever problem you're having. Please try and use as much descriptors as possible including the number of steps you sent, if you were able to home it, etc. It's very difficult to help someone when they're vague about issues. Provide more information than you think we'll need and that may be enough.

You need to home your printer, raise the nozzle .1mm at a time, then input the value as described in the link.

14. John H

John H Member

sorry for being vague , Right now if I hit the home button the x and y axis moves and the z axis just touches the glass with the extruder tip and now if I hit +Z button the z axis dosn't raise the threaded rod just spins .

15. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Are the couplings secured in the housing.

16. John H

John H Member

the couplings seem secure , going to get an allen key that fits seems the threaded rod moves up by hand out of its coupler meaning either the allen 's are loose or the coupler isn't the correct size or somethings stripped , ;( pretty bummed , let me see if I can tighten up these bad boys. thanks so much for your help ... Your a life saver.

17. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

The threaded coupler. Not the flex coupling.

18. John H

John H Member

is there an exploded view , I wanna make sure I'm at the right coupler, is it the chrome coupler at the bottom of the thread rod , with 2 allen screws, at that point the rod moves up out of the coupler ,

19. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I had one of mine arrive that way. I used some super glue and it fixed it. No clue why it wouldn't tighten up enough to hold the rod secure, but it has not moved since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.