1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Help! New printer - can't make the robot.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Louis Tiger, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Louis Tiger

Louis Tiger Member

So I'm completely new to 3D printing. I unboxed my Robo 3d printer and set it up according to the instructions.

It was able to print the calibration box and circle, but when I tried the robo the robot, the extruder picked up a piece of the robot and it became attached. The print was ruined. I tried it again. Same thing. I've printed out a few more items since then, but every time a model requires a thin base or lots of extruder head movement, it will eventually get stuck to the nozzle. I read the instructions, didn't change anything and use hairspray like in the video for traction. Recently, I tried something that also had a thinner base. I thought it was fine, but after about 10 minutes in another room I hear it making strange noises and I find the machine is clogged up!

I had to remove and clean the plastic cap on the extruder nozzle. What should I do to make it print correctly?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Brim.

Use of a brim will make the base bigger and provide better chance of adhesion to the build plate. Brims usually are only one layer tall and can or should be easy to break off or cut away after the print is finished.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer