1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Help Please

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Arbi, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbi

Arbi Member

Can you please help me with the issues that I have ?
    I need to know exactly what kind of upgrades do I need to do to the printer so that I don’t get following issues :

I am using CuraEngine, PLA, 210 Hotend, 60 BED
    Sometimes I get these beautiful prints , but sometimes with the same settings I get misaligned in the top layers so I have to STOP the print , this is very frustrating , I don’t know where the problem is, also sometimes I do get clogged and hot end stops extruding so printer keeps going and nothing comes out so it ruins my prints.
    I noticed if have a bigger parts , the chances of getting it right is lower, with smaller parts it works better, but the thing is , it works randomly. Everytime before print, I extrude enough filament to make sure its not coiling and it’s a nice continuous flow , then when I am sure that’s ok, then I immediately start the print.
    I don’t care to spend more but can you please let me know what the exact upgrades should be or settings . Please let me know . do I need to buy a new hot end. Which brand ? do you sell a better one that works all the time ?
    What could be the reason that I get misalighed in the top layers ? why sometimes it stops extruding or extruding randomly so that I have to stop the printer ?
    I heard simplify3D is a good one for slice, if I switch to that do you think will help me to fix my issues or I have to change the hot end ?
    Please help me since this is very important for me. I purchased R1 Robo3D 3 weeks ago from Frys. I am working with this printer everyday and i can't just spend too much time for each print to get it right. I want it to work all the time.

Any help is appreciated
    Arbi

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If the layers are 'shifting' it is probably a loose belt.
    The fact that larger prints are more likely to fail make that more certain.

Or, as Mike said... oiler. I may have misread what you meant with slippage.
    If you mean jamming then yep--get an oiler.

4. Arbi

Arbi Member

here is the picture

Attached Files:

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Yup try an oiler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.