1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered HELP! ROBO R1+ Cable disconnected from extruder.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Adrian de la Rosa, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Adrian de la Rosa

Adrian de la Rosa New Member

Hello, this is my first post after digging in the forum and watched every youtube video out there.
    The problem is my ROBO R1+ was clogged and I decided to do some maintanence work, so I did.
    When it was time to take out the PLA stocked, I took it out very VERY carefully with a pair of
    tweezers. I did it succesfully, but when i noticed, a little small red cable was disconnected from the extruder. So i simply grabbed it to see what whas going on, then it simply brakes. Any idead of what to do now? Im cluless of what to do. Sorry for my bad english. Hope someone can help me. Thank you.
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-01 at 5.36.17 PM.jpeg

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Looks like the thermistor wire has broken. I would think the thermistor itself is probably in need of replacement since you can't easily solder the wire back onto it. See if you can do a replacement parts request from the Robo website for a stock thermistor. it is not very difficult to replace.

Geof likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ditto, replacement thermistor needed. If your uncomfortable putting a new thermistor into the hotend, you can always opt for a spare hotend + a thermistor and install the thermistor off the machine. Then you'll have a spare hotend assembly :D

S1hane likes this.