1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Help with Frameware Uploading error" TimeOut communicating with programmer"

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Robotron, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Robotron

Robotron New Member

Hey !

I need help solving this problem. I just got done installing the Lead screw upgrade kit from robo 3d on my robo 3d r1 model printer. I went into my frame ware to change the steps from 2560 to 800 after that i went to re-flash the mega with the new changes, my results we're running into this error. I check all my connection on the Arduino board everything looks fine. Not sure what is causing this error. Look forward to reading others input on how to solve this !

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Make sure that the programmer is the ONLY software running that can talk to the printer.
    No other printing software is active.

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

USB ports are only Available to one program at a time and things like MC, Repetier host, Cura, Simplfy 3D, etc. will grab that port and nobody else can.

Geof likes this.
  4. Robotron

Robotron New Member

I just restarted my computer then re-uploaded the frame ware to the mega and it worked as far as uploading with no errors. I ran into a new problem now. When connecting to Cura i get these following errors.

Error Log:
    Send: M105
    Trying baudrate: 38400
    Baudrate test retry: 4
    Baudrate test retry: 3
    Baudrate test retry: 2
    Baudrate test retry: 1
    Baudrate test retry: 0
    Trying baudrate: 19200
    Baudrate test retry: 4
    Baudrate test retry: 3
    Baudrate test retry: 2
    Baudrate test retry: 1
    Baudrate test retry: 0
    Trying baudrate: 9600
    Changing monitoring state from 'Detecting baudrate' to 'Closed'
    Changing monitoring state from 'Closed' to 'Error: No more baudrates to test, and no s...'
    Connection closed, closing down monitor

Attached Files:

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Can't help specifically with Cura, but again make sure nothing else is talking to the printer.
    Try another program* on the COM port (and make sure the COM port didn't change).

*Matter Control maybe -- something else other than the Arduino compiler

Geof likes this.
  6. Robotron

Robotron New Member

I found the problem the Taurino classic mega board is corrupt. when i plug in my spare Arduino mega board and upload the frameware / other programs onto the board it works fine. When i try to upload other programs and the frameware to the Taurino board on the printer I keep getting error's i even uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the FTDI driver for the Taurino and still have no luck with it. Am going to just upload the framware to my spare Arduino mega board for now and see if i can get the printer up and running for the time being. Not sure if theres a way to fix the Taurino classic yet going to keep doing research maybe its life time is up it is 2 years old.

Geof likes this.
  7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

It may need the bootloader re-flashed(which is a pain if you don't have the tool).
    Cheaper to buy a new Arduino Mega than the tool :)

The Normal Arduino mega works flawlessly in the printer.

Geof likes this.
  8. Robotron

Robotron New Member

You are correct the normal Arduino mega is running flawlessly ! I also found that the fan on the bottom of the printer that cools the Arduino was not spinning, I replaced the mega and the fan that cools it, i was good to go ! Am probably gonna get one or two back up boards just to have around for projects and the printer. .

mark tomlinson and Geof like this.