1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered help with layers

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Omar Melendez, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Omar Melendez

Omar Melendez New Member

Hello:
    I'm new on 3D printing if is possible break it down simple as possible for me. In the last few prints I noticed that I'm having problems with the layers bonding together in z axis. I printed a 20mm test cube and the x,y,z axis measurements were almost perfect but not all the layers seems bond. I changed some of the settings but not to much difference. When I was looking for setting parameters I found a video of z axis moving back and forward on lock position so I went to arduino and changed that setting but still moving a little the z axis and problem still there. I'm using mattercontrol 1.6, Marlin software Robo3dr1plusv2... what I can be doing wrong? Attached pictures of what is my final product.

Attached Files:

#1 Omar Melendez, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  2. Omar Melendez

Omar Melendez New Member

hi
    I notice this thread said solved but I have no instructions or recommendations, anyone can help?

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Omar. Have you calibrated your extruder? are the defects on all axis? (all sides of your model?) If no, which side is the front of each picture? (X? Y?)

4. Omar Melendez

Omar Melendez New Member

hi Geof
    I calibrated all axis but not the extruder. The defect is just seen on the "z" all around the parts. I will calibrate the extruder next thanks.

#4 Omar Melendez, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

just to verify... you do have a R1+ correct? No couplers on the lead screws? are the rods seated into the case at the top? Have you lubricated the z lead screws and smooth rods?

banolka and mark tomlinson like this.
  7. Omar Melendez

Omar Melendez New Member

Mark I'm using PLA.
    Geof yes I clean the lead screws and yes is a R1 plus, still reading and looking videos on how to make a extruder calibration