1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Help with trying to fix my y-axis

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by 3D Printer Man, May 21, 2016.

1. 3D Printer Man

For some reason my y-axis stop in the middle of a 12 hour print that I was supporting/supervising. Suddenly, it stopped while the x/z axis kept moving this caused a massive mess, but I cleaned off. It is now working, but I want to understand why it did not work.

hi1 likes this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Something under teh bed probably bound up the drive motor or belts. I used cable tie anchors and cable ties to make sure everything was out of the way under the bed. Occasionally with the different Robo versions something will get loose and get caught up. Take a look under there and move the bed back and forth. Make sure nothing can get in the way.

3. 3D Printer Man

hi1 likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

@3D Printing ROBO my cork fell and I had to retake it. Sometimes it's that, the wires, belt slipping from being loose, timing gears have set screws that need loctite

5. 3D Printer Man

Thanks guys.

hi1 likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Lift the bed plate up (held down with magnets) and watch the wires/belts under it as you move it back and forth. You will probably find what is getting in your way.