1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hi, everyone. I really need your help and feedback. I am doing my online research.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by QICHANG KANG, Sep 1, 2014.

1. QICHANG KANG

QICHANG KANG New Member

Hi everyone,

My name is QICHANG KANG. I am a student from University of Liverpool, and my major is Program and Project Management. Currently, I am doing my final dissertation, which is about online marketing and the method of netnography.

Honestly, I have been watching and tracking the ROBO 3D online forum for more than two months. During the period, I watched all the conversations and actives in the forum for the purpose to prove the situational factors can have a positive influence on actives in the online community. I promise that my online research won't have any negative influence on the forum, and I can ensure the confidentiality and anonymity.

By contrast, the results can bring benefits to the online community. I found that your incentive system, such as "trophy points" and "likes", play an important role in motivating consumers to join the online community.

Finally, I really want get some feedback from your online community. Anyone and Any feedback are welcomed, such as how I do the research, why I choose your website, and even you want to see my dissertation report. You can reply me here or contact me through email. My personal email is: hsqkang2@liv.ac.uk

Thank you very much. Looking for your reply.:)

King regards,

QICHANG KANG

2. QICHANG KANG

QICHANG KANG New Member

please, say something here, any words are ok. Thank you very much :)

3. Awesome3der

Awesome3der New Member

theres not much that I can help you with. only a reply for this lonely thread. no one is replying here maybe because its an uncommon topic. i dont know. maybe my brains wont work on this

2 people like this.
  4. QICHANG KANG

QICHANG KANG New Member

Thank your very much

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

To be honest I felt a little uncomfortable with the idea of the forum being "watched and tracked". But I can also understand that is the raw data for your research.

I am interested to know what attracted you to this website.

2 people like this.
  6. QICHANG KANG

QICHANG KANG New Member

Thanks for your reply. The reasons of using the idea is that I need to use the method of netnography to explore the online forum. This method allows researchers not to have a influence on the study object, and in order to collect first hand and raw data, researchers may not show their identities and just watch and record the data. Finally, when they finished the study, they may introduce themselves to the study object.

My dissertation is about people's behavior in the online forum, and I think it won't have any negative effects on anyone. Moreover, I can promise confidentiality and anonymity.

There are three reasons why I choose this website. Firstly, I need to find a online forum related to 3d printing, because this is the job my superior gave to me. Secondly, the website is very active. I can see lots of people log in the website and generate some information in it, which can be my resource pool. Thirdly, there are some incentive systems to motivate people to join the website. For example, the website has trophy points. The more you post in the forum, the more trophy points you can get.

Now, my dissertation is going to the last stage. Honestly, I want to introduce myself to the online community, and try to get permission from the community. Do you think my dissertation is ok?

Thanks. looking for your reply.

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yea, so is an occupied office fire in the downtown sector during rush hour.

8. QICHANG KANG

QICHANG KANG New Member

what is the meaning of "occupied office fire in the downtown sector" ?

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

A lot of people running around screaming and a lot of others trying to put out fires.
    Perfect description of this place really.

2 people like this.
  10. Paul Yeh

Paul Yeh Active Member

And I don't think many of those people running around would give a damn about the trophy system. ;)

11. QICHANG KANG

QICHANG KANG New Member

Sorry, I am still confused, can you explain it more specifically?

12. QICHANG KANG

QICHANG KANG New Member

do you mean the trophy system is useless?

13. Paul Yeh

Paul Yeh Active Member

This is not some game that you collect points to get rewards.

Some people come here because they encountered issues with their 3D printers and are looking for some answers. Other more experience users are sharing their knowledge to help troubleshooting those issues.

Other people may just want to talk about some other ideas/topics and get feedbacks.

14. QICHANG KANG

QICHANG KANG New Member

I know that, but besides the drivers of interests, I want to explore the influence of other situational factors that can affect consumer' behavior in the online community. moreover, through statistics method, I find the situational factors actually have influences on consumer's behavior in the online community.

15. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I get paid per like

6 people like this.
  16. Paul Yeh

Paul Yeh Active Member

Mike, I just gave you a like. We probably can split it. :D

Seriously, you and a few other users deserve to get paid.

2 people like this.
  17. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Dude, threw you a nickel :)

2 people like this.