1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hot End Disaster Cured in only 2 months or so

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Ben Allgor, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Ben Allgor

Ben Allgor New Member

I got my Robo 3d last summer, and printed all kinds of things with PLA. I printed 3D nameplates (photo below) for almost everyone in the family. 2 of my kids asked me to print a couple of the nameplates for friends for Christmas. I said I would, and decided I should do them in PLA since it worked so well on the earlier ones. At the time I was switching over to PETG, but I wanted a sure thing. Then I started getting clogs and I could print anything except the little calibration cubes with PLA. Very near Christmas my hot end broke so I decided to upgrade to the E3D V6. and I got two nameplates done. I was waiting for some lime green and magenta so I did the Z axis upgrade, and then nothing worked at all. I screwed up all of the settings along with it. I am an engineer and should have known better than to change more than one thing at a time. I also changed to PETG around that time. Then about a week ago my heat block an nozzle caught in a blob of of plastic and tore the threads for the heat break out of the aluminum. So I changed to the Volcano. It sort of worked, but my part fan wasn't low enough any more. I managed to print out a new fan shroud (a modified Mark11 from Marquis Johnson), and suddenly everything worked and it is with PETG..
    Jax Bad.JPG Soccer.JPG

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Don't you love it when a plan comes together (sorry, couldn't find my cigar to chew on while saying that)

:)

Way to stick with it