1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Hot End Jammed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by iwtwe, Jun 7, 2015.

1. iwtwe

iwtwe New Member

Robo 3D R1

Filament: Shaxon (www.shaxon.com) ABS 1.75MM
    Extrude Temp: 235 C
    Bed Temp: 80 C
    Bed Makeup: Elmer's Glue Stick

Issue:

Self level got messed up because I had no idea the home all button changed the home itself.

Feeder wouldn't accept anymore filament and started grinding.

I removed the spring screws and cleaned all of that off.

The filament broke off in the feeder hole at a depth I am unable to retrieve using any sort of tool.

Tried hand feeding another piece of filament to try to use the piece that is stuck and get things going again to no avail. (yes it was on and preheated to 230 C)

My best guess:

Extruder grazed glue on bed due to incorrect leveling, scraped some off, got partially clogged.

No manual or media online showing how to take the thing apart to fix it. Only media available is for a different machine.

2. iwtwe

iwtwe New Member

Put thinking hat on, examined everything, figured out how to break it down, and found no glue in the tip. What happened was when the filament started grinding, pieces of that fell down and jammed the feed tube itself. Took the feed tube out with the stuck filament, held with pliers under gas stove burner for about two seconds then used a toothpick to push everything out. Double checked that there was no residue on the feeder and reinstalled. Gonna be lubing up with cooking oil this go around.

:rolleyes::):D:cool:

Very happy with everything.

Mike Kelly and mark tomlinson like this.