1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Hot end moves past end of x axis

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by dbd, Jun 21, 2016.

1. dbd

dbd New Member

I searched the forums but couldn't find a similar issue. I have probably a good 100+ hours or so of printing on my Robo 3D R1+, and I've ran into a problem - during the auto-leveling process, the hot end moved all the way to the right to probe that spot on the bed, but it continues to move right past its limits causing it to chug/grind against the right side of the printer. To my understanding, for the x axis, the R1+ has a limit switch only on the left side, correct? And where the hot end should stop (the max x) on the right side of the bed is determined by the limit switch's x position + the x size of the bed specified in the gcode?

I checked mattercontrol and the bed's size is correct (228 mm, I didn't change anything in between prints). What could possibly be causing the hot end to attempt to move past its maximum size on the x axis?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It works again now - seemingly randomly, but something must've been corrupted with the gcode file when exporting or something. I tried loading a different gcode file - it worked. Exported the same one again, and it worked fine. My first thought was an error with the R1+ hardware, but nope! Anyway, if a moderator would like to just delete this thread, thanks!

#1 dbd, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Nah, we will leave it in case it resurfaces. If nothing else people can see that persistence pays :)

Geof and dbd like this.