1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Inconsistent prints

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Avrution, Dec 27, 2017.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There is a thread on NinjaFlex and a couple of others on generic TPU (what most flexibles are).
    It can be printer, but takes some tweaking.

2. Avrution

Avrution Member

So, had a lot of success yesterday and kept printing. Everything turned out great until the last print... 7 hours down the drain because the corners all warped. I even used glue stick on this with an increased bed temp (BTW, how the heck do you clean off the old glue?)

I watched as the first few layers were put down and it looks perfect, but I wake up to this as well as the other two parts that were printed with it. I've had issues with this before randomly (even on circles) and is one of the big issues I need to figure out.

I am going to order a sheet of PEI and maybe that will help?

Attached Files:

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

I am not a glue stick kind of person I use hairspray more often as it works better for me. I only use glue stick if I know it is going to stick too hard.

4. Avrution

Avrution Member

I have yet to try the hairspray as I'm a little worried about over spraying all over everything. Found a nice hairspray shield that someone made to print out, but with my issues on large prints I haven't done it.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

PishPosh on your over-spray... if 4 years of using it without one hasn't affected mine I am sure you are fine until you can print your "guard" :)

6. Avrution

Avrution Member

Just tried using it twice, but both times it seems like the extruder stopped working - coincidence probably. Getting to be a pro at removing that thing to clean it out. I'm sure there has to be a better way when filament stops coming out.

Do you spray when the bed is warmed up or from cold?

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Usually cold