1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Is "High Quality" still too fast?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bromego, Oct 20, 2015.

1. bromego

bromego New Member

I am fairly new to the whole 3D printing game, I had a Thing-O-Matic many many years ago, and recently decided I wanted to get back into it. At first I purchased a Da Vinci 3D printer (bad mistake) and after them bricking my filament, I returned it and got a Robo3d R1 +Plus.

The problem I am running into is the "High Quality" print speed is still too fast! The shell started out at a great speed, much slower than "Medium Quality" setting. But when the printer started printing the center eye from the destiny ghost below. It blew through the whole print, streaking a pile of garbage... Does anyone know if I have to change infill speed/print speed/something else? As I mentioned before, the outline came out perfectly and was moving slowly with control, but when it got to the center it took a crap. Dimensions are 15-20mm in Diameter.

Thingiverse (Destiny Ghost Fully Detailed Model, LED Illuminated, Fully printable without supports!)
    (eye small.stl)

upload_2015-10-20_10-13-13.png

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Quality is just layer height. Nothing else changes afaik. Modify the settings to fit your needs