1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Is there a way to generate a test for a variety of temperatures for a new material?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Morichalion, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Morichalion

Morichalion Member

I mean, I'm writing some code now. It's going to be sloppy-ish (Grab text from Slic3r gcode, duplicate and distribute to bunch of objects with different temp settings) and I was hoping there was a clean-ish method already out there.

I'll have mine up in an hour, anyway. Fun project to do.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Not in Slic3r itself, but if you are printing different objects at different temps instead of a single object with temps that change based on height, you could define multiple extruders and multiple filaments of the same type with different temps. <<< This is not a reasonable solution, editing gcode is actually easier.

TylerJ likes this.
  3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

This is typically done in simplify3d since it has a nice utility for defining layer height temperatures. Someone here would be willing to slice whatever model you want.

4. Morichalion

Morichalion Member

Oh, geeze... I need to remember to close my threads.... :p

Mike, It's good to know that I can find people to help me. I'd like to have my own tools, though.