1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Issues since upgrading to Volcano

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dan Ershen, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Dan Ershen

Dan Ershen New Member

Hello all, I have a robo3dr1+ and installed the e3d volcano upgrade with a v6 heater block. Everything is installed and working properly, except every single print fails. The main issue I'm having is delamination of layers. At first, it was extruding into the air, but I dropped the z offset to -.25 and it seems to work slightly better, except the previously mentioned issue. I tried dropping the z offset to -.3 but then the nozzle just scrapes against the bed.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

What material?
    What temperatures?

The volcano changes the print temperatures a good bit.

3. Dan Ershen

Dan Ershen New Member

Fixed the temp issue, but it's still delaminating. Someone suggested possibly my z-steps per mm got changed but i dont know where id find this.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It would be in configuration.h

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,800,723.38} // default steps per unit for RoBo 3D R1

those are the steps/mm: (X, Y, Z, EXTRUDER)

that value (800) is correct for the R1+ (not the R1,or the Beta unless they have the leadscrew upgrade)

5. robert sanchez

robert sanchez Active Member

I printed a calibration test tower where the temp changes 10 degrees every 10mm starting at 180 going up to 220. Depending on the filament id have de lamination at different temps. But rock solid at others.

Also did you adjust your part cooling fan so it's hitting the extruded part and not the nozzle?