1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Just wanted to Say THANK YOU

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John Durr, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Durr

John Durr Member

Hello Everyone

I received my printer on 10/13/14. I had a rough learning curve, and I can say without a doubt.
    If this forum and the people on it did not exist I would have returned it.

I learned a few things since then

1: make sure the 2 screws holding the Y belt stay tight.
    2: Macs (at least my mid 2011 mac mini) don't work so well with current version of Matter Control. But fine with Cura.
    3 Sign In (and read and ask and answer questions) to this Forum

So in closing a big THANK YOU

John

4 people like this.
  2. bamhm182

bamhm182 Active Member

I agree, this forum is a HUGE help. This is only my second post, but I've been stalking it for the better part of the last year. I've definitely learned quite a bit thanks to the people here. I just got my Robo3D on 30OCT2014, but thanks to what I've read here before and the problems I've googled and wound up back here, I've already been able to get a few good prints.

I can second what you said about the Macs. I was having issues getting MatterControl to work on my 2010 Macbook with Mavericks, so I rebooted into Windows for the first time in FOREVER and have been there for a few days. A few weeks ago, I found a computer and reformatted it. It works, but it's a little on the slow side and doesn't have wifi, so there's not really been much reason to use it. I think I'm going to dedicate it to my 3D printer.

3. robert sanchez

robert sanchez Active Member

Big thank you to everyone who has provided great tips, advice, cad files, upgrades and the random gcode how to's. Appreciate it a great deal!

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I did, took and older one and just set them up. Happy combo. More than powerful enough to drive the robo (might take a little longer on some slices, but not much).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.