1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Loading filament - problems.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jensax, Dec 26, 2016.

1. jensax

jensax New Member

Hello, I can't seem to get the filament to load. I am not handy person savvy enough to understand how to find that tiny hole or to take apart the head. Any quick fixes here? Posting to forum, too.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

what machine?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If this is an r1 or r1+ the easiest way is to (carefully) remove the two spring-loaded screws and you can eaisly see how to feed it in. Then put the two screws back.

With practice you can just loosen the screws and pull back on the guide and feed the filament through. I keep a PTFE tube inserted from the hobbed bolt into the cold section of the hotend and that makes it very simple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

SteveDjarrell likes this.
  4. Dcbarry

Dcbarry New Member

Mark, I’m on all stock original r1+ but hate feeding the damn thing. Are you aging to insert a tube into the existing spot and stop right above the hobbed bolt? Did you drill a hole to accommodate a tube, and what holds it in place? No problem when unloading? Sorry do be a dunce, but can you spell it out including tube diameters or point to a “right” kind.

Thanks

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

#5 mark tomlinson, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

No problems loading/unloading and honestly it will not want to move much unless the hotend itself moves :)