1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Locked In Print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by LordPeq, May 31, 2022.

1. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

What is this? I love a good experiment but would love to know what I am getting into haha

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There is a text file in the zip that explains what was changed/done to the image. Someone here on the forum did this and I staged it for download. I have not used it (no R2 and didn't want to change my C2 image - already customized for my use). But if you want to read the file and try it -- let us know

3. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

Yeah I want to give this a try... I have a spare image that was working perfectly that I can swap out to if I have to

4. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

The only file in the zip was r2rpinew.WfV9HPt7.zip.part

5. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

nevermind, I have the image

6. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

Alright, I flash the card and just booted it up... This may take some getting used to haha.

Completely different menu, it's OctoScreen

A few first impressions... The Z offset does not work. It crashes into the bed and the on screen menu to increase or decrease the offset does nothing.

I kind of miss the simplicity of the robo menu but I would love to try and make this work

7. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

Additionally I cannot SSH into the pi because the default password is not working.

I don't feel like hacking into it so I think I will just go to another image unless you have some insight

8. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

Well, I am pretty sure my luck ran out....

Swapped to the old image and now the Pi will NOT power up... I am guessing that means this thing is fried

9. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

Uh oh... this is what I was worried about... the control board shows power, the pi does not when the power switch is on...

I pulled the pi since I have a spare that is identical, but just for Sh*ts and Giggles, I connected the pi to a 5v power supply by itself... it powers up..... Did the 5v power on the board burn out?

10. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

Yep, swapped the Pi, it does not power up... WTF, not sure how that would have happened...

So, I am not going to bust out the multimeter yet but aside from swapping out the control board with the PartsBuilt one, do I have another option for 5V power on this board?

11. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

Sorry for all the posts... I did a step by step power up... I am fine and the Pi stays on until the ribbon cable gets plugged in, then it shuts down

If I unplug the ribbon cable, it powers back up. Now the question is whether the screen is shorted and causing it or the cable... I would prefer it be the cable

12. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

Wow this has become the page of Ben... I figured out the screen issue... I won't say the cause since it was my fault but it is up and running now with a standard R2 image, SSH enabled, and VNC enabled

13. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Excellent.