1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Looking for a used stock X-carriage

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by jhenager1, Aug 11, 2016.

1. jhenager1

jhenager1 Member

My hotend will no longer stay in the extruder holder due to the very poor design of having metal screws secured in plastic. After several necessary disassemblies/reassembly, one of the screw holes is stripped. I can't understand why this design was implemented in the first place. A couple of 3 cent nuts on the other side would have fixed it, but anyway, at this point I can't even print a replacement without some kind of redneck fix like baling wire to hold the hotend in place.
    If anyone went to the E3D and has an old X-Carriage they don't want, I'd be interested if it is in good shape.

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

I can do you better than that. PM me and I can print you a quick release bracket that will get rid of the need of puting those screws in the side of the hotend. That is what the newer robos are coming with. Just let me know if you have the hex or the 3d v6. I can print a new extruder body as well.

#2 danzca6, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  3. danzca6

Shoot...I should mention I won't be able to mail it until Monday since I am current out of town. I miss my printer already.

Geof likes this.
  4. Ocsff

Ocsff Active Member

ALSO NEED TO PRINT A SPACER THE THICKNESS OF THE QUICK RELEASE.

5. danzca6

Yes I sent one with the quick release... Or are you saying you need one also?