1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Looking to perfect a print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mprinz, Mar 18, 2015.

1. mprinz

mprinz Member

Hey everyone,
    I've been having some really good luck when printing lately and i'm trying to get every detail fixed now. My edges look and feel perfectly straight, no ribbing or anything but the lines look just..off. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into this. I'm using Cura for printing, I'm printing at 198C for the hotend and 45C for the bed. I'm also using makerbot cool grey filament.
    image1.JPG

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

That looks really nice. Not sure you can expect much better from an FDM printer

3. mprinz

mprinz Member

Sounds good, I think I might be able to fix the lines by playing around with the temperature slightly.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I agree with Mike. That is pushing the limits. The only way you could improve that would likely be to try another slicer or makes some changes to the configuration of the one you are using (something that alters the slicer output paths).

5. mprinz

mprinz Member

I'm just glad I've been able to get this thing to print as reliably and with the same quality as the Makerbots that I have at work haha

6. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

when you have all the same parts.. it should be able to accomplish the same thing yea?

But if that's "about as good as it gets"... I guess I'm done adjusting too. Winning

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You can fine tune until the cows come home.
    It is part of the joy of ownership :)

Doesn't mean you will be getting earth shatteringly better prints.

Pick an imperfection and work on it. Can you make it better? Sure, but overall, that is a decent quality print.