1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Maintenance schedule

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by David Lockwood, Apr 9, 2016.

1. David Lockwood

Is there a recommended maintenance schedule for the various parts of the Robo 3D Plus?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Other than cleaning the bed of all the gunk we use to make prints stick on a regular basis, about the only other maintenance issue is keeping the bearings lubed. There are 12 LM8UU in the body of the printer along its three axes and 3 RS608 in the extruder. Usually most wait until the start squeaking before greasing the bearings.

David Lockwood and MChrisP1 like this.
  3. David Lockwood

Thanks! I also restore British Sports Cars (MG and Austin-Healey) that need CONSTANT maintenance so this is always a point of consideration.

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

I used to drive a 72 Triumph Spitfire. I know full well why Lucas is called "The Prince of Darkness". British Leyland was not the pinnacle of quality. For the most part maintenance on a 3d printer just means keeping the rails lubed and not much more. You will be more frustrated by the unreliable way 3D printers behave rather than constant maintenance.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I figured the Lucas refrigerator is the reason for all the warm beer consumed.