1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Material files for Cura

Discussion in 'Filament' started by tkoco, May 21, 2018.

1. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

As I print with different materials, I have been creating a new material file in Cura (C2 specific) for that brand and type of filament. The preloaded material files cannot be altered. As I "tweak" the file parameters for best results, I was thinking about the other C2 owners who might be new to 3D printing. They might want to import the "tweaked" files to save themselves some time. So my idea was to see if there is a way to distribute these fruits of labor for all C2 owners to enjoy.

Comments anyone?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Zip them up, post them here. New thread we can pin it.

Geof likes this.
  3. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Here are some material profiles. I will be adding more as I work with other filament products. I left Cura in the default settings and tweaked these material profiles so as to minimize stringing and for good adhesion. The filaments are available on Amazon.com. The "Anybody" category is my equivalent to the "Generic" category found in Cura. The difference in these profiles is that you can edit these profiles whereas the built-in Generic profiles are set in stone.

Attached Files:

4. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

A few more material profiles. Again, these material profiles will get you in the ball-park, but you might have to tweak them for best results depending on the model being printed.
    I noticed some stringing with the "Glow in the Dark" (higher printing temperature than standard PLA), but that can be remedied with a slightly longer retract distance coupled with a slightly faster retract speed.

Attached Files:

mark tomlinson likes this.